Preparation in Advance
The first step in dealing with a car accident is to prepare for the unpredictable.
• Keep a vehicle safety kit in your car with items like a flashlight with extra batteries, first-aid kit and flares
• Store your most important information, like ID cards, registration and health insurance cards, in your glovebox
• Ensure your phone is charged and invest in a car charger
At the Accident Scene
Make sure you:
• Move your car to a safe location without leaving the scene
• Check to see if anyone’s hurt and call 911 for medical help
• Contact the police to see if an officer needs to be present
• Request roadside assistance if your car isn’t drivable
Information to Exchange
Jot down the following information:
• Names, phone numbers, addresses and email addresses of all occupants and witnesses
• Photos of the accident scene and vehicles involved
• Company name, policy number and phone number for other insurance companies
Don’t to disclose your auto insurance policy coverage details or admit fault to anyone other than your insurance company.
Report a Claim
To report a claim, contact your car insurance company.
Auto Insurance Plans with Mountaineer Insurance
Car insurance protects more than just your vehicle. The best policy should protect your car, as well as passengers, other drivers, pedestrians and property.
Don’t stress over the countless plans to choose from! The friendly team of professionals at Mountaineer Insurance makes finding the right car insurance plan easy and straightforward.