Real Money Back to You
Taking care of our customers is a top priority for Mountaineer Insurance Services. We recognize the uncertainty and financial challenges many of our customers are facing as the nation bands together to slow the spread of the coronavirus. If your insurance includes Liberty Mutual personal coverage and/or Safeco Auto, please read on further for important COVID-19 relief measures.
Fewer drivers are on the road, which means fewer accidents. With this in mind, our partner Safeco has announced Personal Auto Customer Relief Refund, which will return a 15% refund for two months to our Liberty Mutual personal coverage and Safeco auto customers.
Here’s how it works:
- Personal auto insurance customers will receive a 15% refund of two months of their annual auto premium as of April 7, 2020, pending regulatory approval.
- The refunds will begin in April and will be issued either by check or in the manner the customer made their most recent payment.
- The payments will happen automatically.
Payment flexibility options
- Late fee charges have been automatically stopped and cancellations due to non-payment have been temporarily paused for personal auto and home customers from March 23 through at least May 22, 2020.
- We will continue to work with individual customers to extend payment dates if needed and provide personalized support.
Delivery coverage expansion for auto policies
- All personal auto policies have been expanded to cover customers who use their personal vehicles to deliver food and medicine. Standard Safeco personal auto policies typically exclude such coverage.
- This additional protection is in effect for all personal auto policies in all states for losses occurring from March 16 to May 22, 2020, and reported by July 1, 2020.
For more information, contact your MIS agent.